Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Sometimes I just can't help myself; sometimes it's easier to say leave a finished painting alone, rather than finding yourself tampering. There I was just about to varnish my painting and I thought, well why not. Dark blue becomes white/pink.

I thought it would be improved if I allowed the Delphiniums to stand out more by giving the paintings background a higher key color around the flowers allowing them to do this.

Before...

After...
Delphinium with melon No2
size: 12 X 9 Acrylic on board

2 comments:

  1. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

    I adore the Dark blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like both ways. However, the dark blues really were unusual for a background so had more artistic pop, I think. We learn from our mistakes and we all need a nasty little brownie in our studio to slap the brush out of our hands when we decide we want to do "just a bit more."

    ReplyDelete