Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Got there in the end.

I struggled a little with this painting. Mainly in deciding what to do about the tablecloth. For a while I worked with the patterning in place, I then tried different colors; eventually I painted over it and the whole painting started to come together. Phew.

Pottery wine jug with fruit
Acrylic on board Size: 20 X 24

One of the original source photos I took.

The patterned cloth (at it's worst and most fiddled with).


  1. Wow, stunning! I love your work, again!


  2. This is the kind of work I want to wake up and have my breakfast too over cornflakes and coffee. Brilliant as usual!