Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peonies and Peruvian Lillies on blue table

Peonies and Peruvian Lillies on blue table
Size 28X48 Acrylic on board


Here's a few pictures of my latest painting. Again this was a little larger than paintings I've been doing recently, so it was satisfying to work in this scale. I also always enjoy working in a stretched 'widescreen' style aspect ratio. It adds such a nice passage through the painting; great for landscapes or still lifes!

The early line work.
.
Color plan
.
Me working feverishly!
.
.
in progress
.
in progress (detail)
.
The final painting again.
.
a detail
.
another detail
(I loved the compliment color of that shade of blue vase in front of the back drape)

.

3 comments:

  1. Another great piece. Thanks for sharing some of your steps. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the work in progress. Plus, peonies are one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how pleased you are with them with the shots of details. rightly so. I have a long canvas I might try the same .

    ReplyDelete