Thursday, November 6, 2014

Santa Fe's 'Paint Out' Festival

 Tulips ablaze in the sun
28X24               Acrylic on panel

A couple of weeks ago I spent a few days in New Mexico in Santa Fe. I was there for a group show opening at Ventana Fine Art, and the 'Paint Out' festival. The event and show was a huge success and I sold a number of really nice pieces to happy collectors. 

The festival event offered by the arts biased town, allows artists from a number of galleries to paint in the streets through the course of the day. Visitors (of which there were many), are allowed the opportunity to see a great variety of art being created before their eyes, in insightful and creative ways.  Many collectors visited me more than once to see how my painting evolved through the course of the day.

I didn't finish it in one day. I'd made a start to painting the night before, and then worked through the festival day. I got it a long way there, but the final brush strokes were completed last week in my studio. 
Painting during the day


Go here to see more work Ventana Fine Art

Contact the gallery for more information, or a brochure.

VENTANA FINE ART GALLERY
400 Canyon Road, Santa Fe, NM 87501
Tel (505) 983-8815



 Opening night. Myself with artist friend Frank Ballam.

A few of the paintings I had on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment