Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bakersfield Museum of Art

Less than a week now, till opening night. (This Thursday). Very exciting,  I put a number of the paintings from the show up on my facebook page. You can visit here and don't need to be a member of facebook to see it http://www.facebook.com/AngusWilsonStudio

Also, if you wish I can email you a pdf file of my flier if you email me, but I can't work out how to make an attachment for the file here. Sorry.

Here's one of the paintings from the show.

Peonies and Peruvian Lillies on blue table
24 X 48
Acrylic on board

I completed a larger painting of some Irises this week, but haven't had a chance to photograph it yet, I also completed a little Plein Air landscape painting, which was fun though challenging. I spend so much time painting my 'colorist' style still lifes that to sometimes change gears to a more representational landscape it a little challenging. Perhaps I should do more...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the opening! Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the opening Angus. I`d love a PDF of the brochure..Wish I could be there. Wouldn`t that be cool! The work is looking great.

    ReplyDelete