Saturday, June 29, 2013

Poppies - A long time in the making

Poppies with the blues on bird cloth
24X36         Acrylic on board

This painting took a long time to reach completion. I based it of the painting below 'Poppies with lemons on bird cloth', but wanted to give a different color palette to the subject.

Originally I planned a green jug, but found the tone ultimately wrong for the painting. I then  tested and experimented with a white jug, but this didn't seem to work either. Ultimately, I found these nice purple hues. I also went back in and created a lot of rich depth in the blue drop cloth, which really gives a nice 'pop' to the whole scene.

 Poppies with lemons on bird cloth
24X36         Acrylic on board

No comments:

Post a Comment