Monday, October 24, 2016

Altering an original arrangement

Find this one at #Chasen_Galleries, Richmond VA. For more info. (804) 204-1048. Some of the artists who attended my workshop in Nashville earlier this year might recognize this arrangement ?


Plums with Cantaloupe over blue
24X36                       Acrylic on canvas

 I decided to make a lot of little alterations to the original still life arrangement. There were a lot of colors in the tablecloth pattern, so I unified it, but tried to keep it's original flavor. I placed a new color in the vase/jug, to tie it with the tablecloth. I also added some oranges on the table to add some color variety. Finally I placed chairs and a little floor in the background, to increase the interest of the setting.

 Original source

No comments:

Post a Comment